Thursday, March 13, 2008

'The Last Lecture' by Randy Pausch

I came across a brief snippet of a program on TV tonight about a Carnegie Mellon University professor named Randy Pausch. What I saw on TV aroused my interest. A search on the internet led me to a fascinating video lecture by Randy. This was an absolutely absorbing, funny, articulate and inspiring presentation made at the university.

The heartwarming lecture talks about Randy's childhood dreams, achieving them and what he learned along the way. I thought of summarizing some of his lecture points here, but I would not be doing even remote justice by putting them in my words.

I strongly recommend a viewing of the full-length lecture posted on youtube. It is a tad long (75+ mins) but I am sure it is time well spent. If you can't spare the time, there is a shorter version of the lecture given on the Oprah show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arun - Its the best lecture I've heard. I'm glad I wasn't in the audience, I would have bawled my eyes out. I couldn't bear it when I realized his wife was in the audience. I admire Dr Pausch's courage. But I admire his wife's courage even more.

sukumar said...

Arun,
I have tagged you on my most recent post. Please respond when you can.