Thursday, May 17, 2007

Learning to walk

OK.. so this is it. I finally have created a blog. This was not as hard as I thought. Now the tough part would be to maintain this and to write posts regularly that interest others.

Let me start off with some musings on the need for blogs. Why has it become so popular? Is it that sharing ones thoughts with the world is a deeply held desire for so many people. Or is it to show-off your knowledge/ideas? Or is it just to see your thoughts published on a web-page? I wonder how many blogs just fall by the wayside after just a couple of posts (I should find that out).. vast majority of them would be my guess. Most people just want to get on the bandwagon and lose stream after just a few posts. Most are average joes without having a lot of interesting ideas to share. I hope this blog survives to have a few more posts than just a couple.

I don't think the blog is going to have a theme. It seems hard enough to think of ideas to write about that are random, let alone be able to do that for a focused theme/topic. So thats it.. my first post. It sure is not going to set the blogosphere alight. But I had to start somewhere, sometime.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Arun,
When I started the blog, I had similar thoughts. If you break the initial inetia, it gets a life of its. Initially I wrote on all my hobbies (symbology, books and stories). Now I pretty much stick to books.
Hoping to see lot more posts from you. Keep blogging :-)

Arun Sankaranarayanan said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Archana. It means a lot coming from a prolific blogger like you.

Anonymous said...

It is true for blogging also if you force yourself to do something which doesn't come natural to you. So I feel, it is not the count of blog posts, but the quality of content even if it is a couple in numbers.

I'm certain that you have lots to share, so share!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you'll lack things to say. The only person more opinionated than you is me ;-) You may lose interest in blogging, now that could happen.

Read some of your posts, looking FW to more posts from you.